Whole house ‘deep retrofit’ for a hard to treat home, using new internal wall insulation (IWI) techniques to reduce risk of ‘interstitial condensation’.
- Radical ‘fabric first’ retrofit
- Improving the comfort levels and reduce the heating bills at a cold and ‘hard to heat’ home in Cumberworth, West Yorkshire.
- Whole house strategy, designed using Passivhaus Planning Package
- Innovative solutions used to minimise moisture risk with internal wall insulation (IWI)
Radical retrofit project to help improve the comfort levels and reduce the heating bills at a cold and hard to heat home in Cumberworth, West Yorkshire. A whole house ‘fabric first’ strategy was employed, based on Passivhaus principles and designed using PHPP (Passive House Planning Package), aiming to reduce the heating need of the house by an estimated 86%.
Occasional blogs on the radical retrofit project from the owners’ perspective
- Our house reborn
- Airtightness and Ventilation
- If in doubt, insulate it
- Home Sweet Home; or There and Back Again
- Cumberworth radical retrofit: ‘whole house’ retrofit for ‘hard-to-heat’ house
- Cumberworth retrofit: Internal wall insulation (IWI)
- Cumberworth radical retrofit: Window reveals
- Cumberworth radical retrofit: Ground floor and intermediate floors
- Cumberworth radical retrofit: Roof, heating & MVHR strategies
- Cumberworth radical retrofit: It’s a wrap!
RISE Heritage Award for Restoration & Retrofit
Constructing Excellence Yorkshire & Humber Awards 2017
SHORTLISTED for both the Sustainability and Preservation & Rejuvenation Awards
Register here for a free technical briefing following all stages of the construction of the Cumberworth radical retrofit. The technical briefing is available as a 25 page pdf file, which will be emailed to you shortly.
Terms and Conditions
From time to time we may send you updates about Green Building Store products and services. No personal information will be passed on to third parties. By providing your contact details you consent to being contacted by email for direct marketing purposes by "Green Building Store/ Environmental Construction Products Ltd ".
Your personal information will be properly safeguarded and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Green Building Store reserves the right to withhold technical briefing/ product literature if stocks run out or for any other reason.