Whole house ‘deep retrofit’ for a hard to treat home, using new internal wall insulation (IWI) techniques to reduce risk of ‘interstitial condensation’.
- Radical ‘fabric first’ retrofit
- Improving the comfort levels and reduce the heating bills at a cold and ‘hard to heat’ home in Cumberworth, West Yorkshire.
- Whole house strategy, designed using Passivhaus Planning Package
- Innovative solutions used to minimise moisture risk with internal wall insulation (IWI)
Radical retrofit project to help improve the comfort levels and reduce the heating bills at a cold and hard to heat home in Cumberworth, West Yorkshire. A whole house ‘fabric first’ strategy was employed, based on Passivhaus principles and designed using PHPP (Passive House Planning Package), aiming to reduce the heating need of the house by an estimated 86%.
Occasional blogs on the radical retrofit project from the owners’ perspective
- Our house reborn
- Airtightness and Ventilation
- If in doubt, insulate it
- Home Sweet Home; or There and Back Again
- Cumberworth radical retrofit: ‘whole house’ retrofit for ‘hard-to-heat’ house
- Cumberworth retrofit: Internal wall insulation (IWI)
- Cumberworth radical retrofit: Window reveals
- Cumberworth radical retrofit: Ground floor and intermediate floors
- Cumberworth radical retrofit: Roof, heating & MVHR strategies
- Cumberworth radical retrofit: It’s a wrap!
RISE Heritage Award for Restoration & Retrofit
Constructing Excellence Yorkshire & Humber Awards 2017
SHORTLISTED for both the Sustainability and Preservation & Rejuvenation Awards
Register here for a free technical briefing following all stages of the construction of the Cumberworth radical retrofit. The technical briefing is available as a 25 page pdf file, which will be emailed to you shortly.
Terms & Conditions
By completing this form and signing up for the Technical briefing you also sign up to subscribe to our quarterly Technical Resources e-newsletter email sent by Green Building Store (c/o Heath House Mill, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD7 4JW, United Kingdom, https://www.greenbuildingstore.co.uk). The data you submit will be used by Green Building Store to send out its Technical briefing and Technical Resources e-newsletter (up to 4 times a year) including updates on low energy and Passivhaus building, products and services. Your data will only be shared with our customer database and e-marketing software providers for the purposes of sending the booklet and e-newsletters. You can Unsubscribe from the e-newsletter at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email we send out.
Document Download - Technical Briefing: Cumberworth radical retrofit:Please enter your name and email address in order to download the technical document.