The best MVHR system is the one you don’t know is there. Mechanical ventilation with heat recovery is a relatively new technology in the UK and problems can arise if it is poorly designed or installed. For complete peace of mind come to the experts on MVHR for Passivhaus and low energy projects, for quiet, efficient and robust heat recovery ventilation.
Mark Siddall – LEAP – Low Energy Architectural Practice
Andrew Yeats – EcoArc Architects – Lancaster Cohousing scheme
Justin Bere – Director of bere:architects – Mayville Community Centre
Geoff Tunstall – Owner – Denby Dale Passivhaus
Good MVHR design:
- Optimises the efficiency of the heat recovery
- Prevents noise (from the air handling unit and “cross talk” from other rooms in the building), mechanical vibration and internal turbulence problems
- Minimises electricity consumption of the MVHR unit by paying attention to minimising pressure losses
- Specifies airtight products and installation methods to ensure the air is delivered where it is needed and prevent problems with noise or condensation.
- Uses durable products and fixings to ensure the ducting will last the lifetime of the building.
- Delivers the correct quantities of air to each room to ensure a healthy humidity, CO2 concentration and low pollutant levels.
- Ensures that condensation inside and outside the ductwork is dealt with properly.
Our design service includes:
- Specialist knowledge of Passivhaus and low energy construction
- Advice on the right MVHR system for your specific needs and budget
- Noise minimisation through careful positioning of attenuation
- Careful positioning of ducting, modelling for pressure loss and sound attenuation
- Air flow calculations provided for building control
- 2D and 3D plans fully labelled products and parts list, for ease of installation
- Technical support including telephone support to installers
- Optional Commissioning Service setting the system to run to designed flow rates and offering extra quality control
MVHR: getting it right
As a result of our expertise in supplying MVHR systems to meet Passivhaus requirements, our technical team is now regularly asked to investigate problems with systems that other companies have not designed or installed properly. Typical issues we are called upon to trouble-shoot are: noise, leaking condensation, poor air circulation and over-consumption of electricity.
USE our MVHR design service to avoid these problems from the outset.
Meet the team
Senior MVHR Design Technician
Services Department Manager
MVHR Design Technician
Maurizio de Luca
MVHR Design Technician