Specialist rigid thermoplastic insulation used for thermal bridging detailing, including at window & door thresholds.
We hold stock for next day delivery. Bespoke/ bulk specifications to order.
- Pricelist for Compacfoam 200
- Strong lightweight rigid insulation made from thermoplastic foam, based on polystyrene.
- Ideally suited for support for door thresholds and window installation, where it is important to minimise thermal bridging.
- Wide range of applications where structural support and the possibility of obtaining secure fixings into the material are required.
- Can be used as a replacement for timber battens in these applications, where thermal bridging is to be reduced.
- High compressive strength with good screw pull-out resistance and easy to drill & saw
- Thermal conductivity: 0.046 W/m.K and Density: 200 kg/m3
- Available with Parabond 600, a fast curing, elastic white adhesive with high initial bonding strength suitable for securing Compacfoam to building materials and itself
- Thermal conductivity = 0.046 W/mK
- Average stress at 5%: 2.56 N/mm2
- Average stress at 2%: 1.91 N/mm2
- Modulus of elasticity in linear-elastic range (E-Module): 102 N/mm2
- Recommended stress level (under service load): 1.01 N/mm2
- Water vapour diffusion resistance factor: 25
- Maximum water absorptive capacity during complete submersion: 5-10%
- Material behaviour in response to fire, according to EN 13501: Euroclass E
- Elongation at maximum force (maximum strain at failure load): >10%
- Final creep rate (anticipated long-term deformation at serviceability limit state: <3%
Many of the member countries of the European Union (EU) have adopted the harmonized Euroclass system of reaction to fire performance of building product. Compacfoam was subjected to a test for fire behaviour according to standards and classified as Euroclass E.
Cutting/ sawing Compacfoam
The best way to cut Compacfoam is to use saw blades with large distances between the teeth or milling blades, to avoid the material ‘melting’. More information
• Available in rectangular bars in three sizes
• Width/ height: 100 mm x 150 mm/ 100 mm X 75 mm/ 100 mm X 50 mm/ 100mm X 20mm
• Length: 0.98 m (980 mm)
• Other dimensions available to special order