A NEW service for Green Building Store customers
Energy Performance Modelling now included at no extra charge in our product packages
If you are buying Green Building Store triple glazed windows/ doors and MVHR for your low energy project, energy performance modelling of your building is included at no extra charge*. Our service will help you understand the energy performance of your building and help you achieve the best in energy efficiency. This is part of our commitment to helping you make your building energy efficient, and to ensure you find the most appropriate products for your project. It builds on our previous offer of FREE technical support for windows, including psi value calculations, with our window product package
Model your project in Design PH, to provide a basic model of your house in Passivhaus Planning Package PHPP
PHPP offers an accurate form of energy modelling for your building. Many people assume that the SAP assessment of their building will indicate its actual performance. This is not so. SAP is intended to verify compliance with the requirements of the Building Regulations. It is not a design tool, and does not show how the building will really perform. Common problems with SAP are that it does not give precise information on overheating risk and it does not actually predict the energy use of your building, particularly where the intention is to build to better efficiency standards than the current Building Regulations.
Our service is ideal for those concerned about energy efficiency, but not intending to reach advanced energy standards, such as Passivhaus or AECB Building Standard. The service will give a good indication of the performance of your building, without the fully detailed modelling in PHPP required for those standards.
What you will get from the modelling:
- Find out the projected energy performance of your self-build project
- Understand any overheating issues so that they can be addressed at the design stage
- Predict your heating costs and enable you to choose the most suitable sized heating system for your project
- Help you choose appropriate products for your project eg which windows (and U values) are best for your requirements
- Discover if your building has scope to achieve building standards such as AECB, EnerPHit and Passivhaus
To find out more, please contact [email protected]
* Unless you have already placed an order with us prior to us undertaking the modelling, we will ask for a £250 (+VAT) deposit, which will be discounted from your combined whole house order for Green Building Store windows/ doors and MVHR systems. The Energy Performance Modelling service is an additional service we are offering as part of our commitment to help you make your building energy efficient, and to ensure you find the appropriate product from our range for your project.
The information provided in the reports is indicative only, using modelling in Design PH and PHPP. For customers wanting a full version of PHPP, to the level required by Passivhaus certification, then additional consultancy fees would apply.
The information provided in our reports will be based on the accuracy of the information you have provided. The modelling will provide advice based on assumptions of different levels of airtightness.