Environmental Technical Advisory Role
Reporting to: Luke Gilman, Windows Department Manager
Salary: Starting salary from £17,659 to £22,643 depending on prior experience and chosen benefits
Location: Bolster Moor, Golcar
To take new enquiries for our triple glazed timber windows and doors, listening to clients’ project details and requirements and helping them to identify which product and specification will best suit their requirements.
You will be discussing the energy efficiency, budget and other technical implications of different window and door specifications in relation to their project requirements. You will need to develop a strong technical knowledge of our timber window and door range.
A positive friendly polite phone manner, competent email communication, technical aptitude and attention to detail are all needed. An interest in environmental issues is also very helpful.
Green Building Store develops and sells leading edge sustainable building products to commercial and domestic clients, focusing on products that deliver long term energy efficiency in a sustainable manner. The company is recognised nationally for its role in pioneering Passivhaus construction.
Green Building Store’s Windows and Door Department prides itself on the quality of its technical support and the high level of customer service it provides to customers.
Green Building Store is an ethically-driven, friendly company.
We are looking for someone with the aptitude and attitude as well as the skills to grow into this role. Training will be provided.
- To take new window and door enquiries by telephone and email, listening to gain an understanding of the client’s requirements and exploring appropriate options with them.
- To finalise client’s window and door specification requirements and to enable accurate and clear quotations to be generated.
- To produce meticulously accurate quotations, along with any amendments required
- To work with Green Building Store’s various software packages to ensure that customer records are maintained effectively.
- To be an ambassador for Green Building Store.
- To carry out other duties relating to this role in support of the departments smooth and effective function.
Note that Green Building Store expects team members to operate with a high level of autonomy and responsibility, once they are familiar with their role and have developed the competence to do so.
Desired Requirements: please ensure that you demonstrate these in your CV or covering letter, giving examples where possible.
- Strong communications skills and ability to empathise with others
- Education demonstrating strong numeracy, literacy and technical aptitude, e.g. A’levels, HNC or degree demonstrating technical competence.
- Methodical nature with meticulous attention to detail.
- A willingness to learn and to understand high performance timber window and door design specifications and ability to communicate this to non-technical customers.
- Team worker
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision after training period.
- Good level of computer literacy and strong aptitude to learn new software.
- Interest in environmental issues.
Other skills and experience of special interest: –
- Experience of reading drawings and CAD software.
- Qualification in Building Technology, Construction or Joinery
- Practical experience of building work
- Joinery background
You will be interested in developing your career in an innovative growing company committed to energy-efficient and sustainable construction. This role may suit someone seeking a career change.
Please send CV and covering letter to [email protected] clearly explaining why you are interested in this role and how your skills and experience relate to the person specification Desired Requirements above. Please also include where you heard about this job advert.
All applications will be acknowledged, so please call to check if no response is received. If you would like to discuss this role, please call Luke Gilman or in his absence Camilla Govan at Green Building Store on 01484 461 705
Application closing date: Tuesday 28 January 2020 at 9.00am.
Proposed interview date: Thursday 6 February 2020 (please indicate availability for this date in your application).