Human induced climate change is by far the most important potential threat to our own species and to life on earth. As a species, our window of opportunity to mitigate its worst effects by reversing the continued growth in greenhouse gas emissions may be as little as 10 years.
We believe that our business must give the highest priority to playing its part in whatever way it can to tackling this crisis. In order to enable us to do this, we must in the meantime maintain a viable and sustainable business model.
We aim to operate a profitable business to enable us to be a thriving sustainable enterprise and to achieve the following objectives
• Offer good and sustainable working conditions to employees
• Offer good return to shareholders
• Realise our environmental and social objectives.
We aim to operate the business for the benefit of all stakeholders
We aim to operate the business at the leading edge of sustainable construction to address the imperatives of climate change and other issues of sustainable construction in the built environment through the following activities.
• Market products which promote best practice in low carbon construction
• Market products which offer significant environmental improvement over standard specification
• Develop understanding and awareness of best practice in low carbon and sustainable construction
• Act as a ‘centre of excellence’, championing best practice in low carbon and sustainable construction
Green Building Store has an active environment policy – updated regularly – which reports on the company’s environmental performance and outlines strategies and targets. Here is the most recent report:
Green Building Store Environment Policy 2019 – download pdf