The best MVHR system is the one you don’t know is there. Mechanical ventilation with heat recovery is a relatively new technology in the UK and problems can arise if it is poorly designed or installed. For complete peace of mind come to the experts on MVHR for Passivhaus and low energy projects, for quiet, efficient and robust heat recovery ventilation.
Mark Siddall - LEAP - Low Energy Architectural Practice
We have been very happy with both the products & service from Green Building Store. I would have absolutely no hesitation in using them again. We have also had very positive feedback about the MVHR systems from our clients. In fact, the only complaints we have had are that people are worried that they’re not on, because the systems are so silent in operation!
Andrew Yeats - EcoArc Architects - Lancaster Cohousing scheme
Green Building Store works with us to carefully design the HRV ducting system to ensure that the system performs at its optimum.
Justin Bere - Director of bere:architects - Mayville Community Centre
There’s a pleasant warmth in the air – it’s not hot, it’s just comfortable. There’s also a serenity about a Passivhaus, thanks to all the insulation and triple glazing. As for the MVHR system, myths about which abound, you would actually have to make a supreme effort to hear it at all.
Geoff Tunstall - Owner - Denby Dale Passivhaus
Good MVHR design:
- Optimises the efficiency of the heat recovery
- Prevents noise (from the air handling unit and “cross talk” from other rooms in the building), mechanical vibration and internal turbulence problems
- Minimises electricity consumption of the MVHR unit by paying attention to minimising pressure losses
- Specifies airtight products and installation methods to ensure the air is delivered where it is needed and prevent problems with noise or condensation.
- Uses durable products and fixings to ensure the ducting will last the lifetime of the building.
- Delivers the correct quantities of air to each room to ensure a healthy humidity, CO2 concentration and low pollutant levels.
- Ensures that condensation inside and outside the ductwork is dealt with properly.
Our design service includes:
- Specialist knowledge of Passivhaus and low energy construction
- Advice on the right MVHR system for your specific needs and budget
- Noise minimisation through careful positioning of attenuation
- Careful positioning of ducting, modelling for pressure loss and sound attenuation
- Air flow calculations provided for building control
- 2D and 3D plans fully labelled products and parts list, for ease of installation
- Technical support including telephone support to installers
- Optional Commissioning Service setting the system to run to designed flow rates and offering extra quality control
MVHR: getting it right
As a result of our expertise in supplying MVHR systems to meet Passivhaus requirements, our technical team is now regularly asked to investigate problems with systems that other companies have not designed or installed properly. Typical issues we are called upon to trouble-shoot are: noise, leaking condensation, poor air circulation and over-consumption of electricity.
USE our MVHR design service to avoid these problems from the outset.
Meet the team
Contact the Green Building Store MVHR team for help with your project.
MVHR Technical Consultant
Services Department Manager
Anna Marie Byrne
MVHR Design Engineer
MVHR Design Technician
MVHR Design Technician
Get in touch
Please contact us to get a quote or discuss the MVHR requirements of your Passivhaus or low energy project.