Green Building Company, the construction division of Green Building Store, offers Passivhaus and low carbon construction services to homes and projects in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire and the surrounding area. We are also able to offer training and consultancy services in Passivhaus construction.
- Energy efficiency & insulation specialists
- Passivhaus low energy design & build
- ‘Whole house’ radical retrofits and refurbishment
- Listed buildings specialists
- Award-winning builders of the Denby Dale Passivhaus, Golcar Passivhaus and Stirley Farm EnerPHit projects
- Over twenty years experience of low energy construction (including the Longwood low energy house)
- Passivhaus and ‘low carbon’ design, build & consultancy
- Low energy retrofits
- Maximisation of energy-efficiency and airtightness in building and renovations
- Sensitive insulation measures in listed and historic buildings
- Installation of natural insulation systems (eg sheep’s wool/ wood fibre)
- Avoidance of toxic timber treatments
- Installation of energy-efficient boilers & heating systems
- Use of natural paints and timber finishes
- Installation of water saving systems (eg water-efficient WCs and urinals)
- Avoidance of PVC in wiring and guttering
- Use of reclaimed building materials.
Geoff & Kate Tunstall - owners of the Denby Dale Passivhaus
“Bill and Jude and the rest of the wonderful Green Building Company team took on a 250-year-old barn conversion for us and though constrained by listed building criteria managed to create a home that uses just a fraction of the energy of our previous dwelling. Most of the gains are down to good airtightness and to high standards of insulation – and all without detracting from the original ‘character’ of the historic building”.
John & Cate Clark - West Yorkshire
“The Green Building Store team is to be commended for adapting the Passivhaus methodology to British building techniques and for constructing the first Passivhaus using cavity wall construction in Britain. The Denby Dale project has proven that Passivhaus design can be easily adapted to British building techniques. Airtightness is not a myth – the rules of physics are the same everywhere – and wet plaster offers an excellent airtightness barrier for cavity walls, if applied to all surfaces of external walls and connected properly at the joints. The Green Building Store team has done a great job at Denby Dale and also in helping to spread the word about Passivhaus design in the UK. Congratulations!”
Professor Wolfgang Feist - originator of the Passivhaus methodology and founder of the Passivhaus Institut in Germany
“Green Building Company’s workmanship has always been excellent and we have also really valued the company’s proactive approach. Bill, Jude and the team always try to actively solve problems and improve detailing – something that has not been my experience with other builders.”
William Young - West Yorkshire
Read our latest blog!
Get in touch!
To arrange a quotation or consultation for your low energy building project, please complete the contact form below: