Green Building Store Apprentice
Reporting to: Camilla Govan, Business Development Manager
Salary: Dependent on starting experience and qualifications.
To learn how to carry out the following tasks:
1. To sell specialist airtightness and insulation products
2. To use the Green Building Store’s accounting system, SAGE, to carry through the sales and associated stock management processes.
3. To dispatch specialist products, picking and packing them in the warehouse
4. To provide administrative support to the MVHR department (specialist ventilation for low energy buildings), using the Green Building Store’s contact management system ACT.
5. To answer the main office phone and deal with enquiries for all Green Building Store staff.
We are looking for someone with a friendly polite manner, technical aptitude with attention to detail and interest in developing knowledge of low energy buildings.
Existing qualifications and or experience in construction / building detailing or services will be valued, but are not required. Interest in science and technology will be valued as well as empathy with the business ethos.
No apprenticeship provider or associated course has been identified at this point.
Trainee Window and Door Estimator
Reporting to: Luke Gilman, Windows Department Manager
Salary: Starting salary £13,936-17,160 (or possible apprenticeship role)
To support the imported windows and doors team with customer window enquiries and quotations; identifying the most appropriate product specification in conjunction with the customer, generating accurate written specification details, liaising with the relevant manufacturer and providing subsequent follow-up as required.
Within these activities there will be phone and email communication and administrative tasks. In addition to technical aptitude, meticulous attention to detail and a friendly, polite manner are needed.